The Monaro Folk Society offers several payment methods:
1) Direct Bank Transfer accompanied by emailed details, by performing the transfer and notifying us of the purpose of the payment by email.
2) Cash or cheque at paid events accompanied by details, for example a membership form.
3) Cheque accompanied by details, sent to PO Box PO Box 482 Civic Square ACT 2608
Direct Bank Transfer accompanied by emailed details is the society’s preferred payment method.
PayPal is no longer available. Please use Direct Bank Transfer accompanied by emailed details.
Direct Bank Transfer
Direct Bank Transfer accompanied by emailed details is the society’s preferred payment method. Direct your bank to perform the transfer, then email us the payment details and information about the payment.
Bank Transfer Details
Account name: Monaro Folk Society Inc
BSB: 325185 PLEASE NOTE THAT BEYONDBANK CHANGED TO THIS NEW BSB NUMBER ON JULY 1 2017
Account Number: 03602040
Reference: please show your name(s) eg “Brown, A&B”
Note: The above is a BeyondBank account. If paying from BeyondBank, you will need to use the “Pay Member” option and show “Mon” as the “first three characters of last name”.
Email Payment Details
For both members and non-members, in order that we can process your payment correctly, please email a copy of the payment details (date and time paid, etc) and your information about the payment
CC: email@example.com (if payment relates to membership)
CC: firstname.lastname@example.org (if payment relates to Colonial Ball tickets)
Your bank may offer to email the payee. In which case, you can show your email address and then forward the bank email to us, with your information as a preamble.
Please include your name(s), address, phone number, and email address in your information, along with other specific information for the type of payment.
Type and Amount of Payment
Please indicate the type(s) of payment in your email, for example New Membership, Renewal Membership, Colonial Ball tickets, or “A Score and a Half of Folk” book purchase.
The following information is required for membership applications. Renewing members can simply advise “no change to membership details” if this is the case.
1. Members’ Names – Please advise the names of all members for this membership. If it is a single membership this will be one name, for family memberships it is all family members on the membership.
2. Postal Address including Postcode
3. Preferred and other phone number(s)
4. Email address(es)
5. Type of membership:
- Single $30
- Single Concession $24 (show Concession card details below)
- Family $44
- Family Concession $30 (show Concession card details below)
- Remote $24 (Remote rate applies if you do not live in the ACT or in Postcode Area 2582, 2620 or 2621)
PLEASE NOTE: At the 2017 AGM it was resolved that members who elect to receive the newsletter electronically will receive a $10 rebate due to reduced costs of printing and mailing. If this is the case for you, please reduce your payment accordingly.
1 July to 31 December The full year rate as shown above is applicable
1 January to 31 March Half Year Membership, the above rates are halved
1 April to 30 June Bonus Period up to 3 months at no cost, the rate is that of the next membership year (currently the same as this year).
6. Renewing? Please let us know whether you are applying for membership or renewing. Membership number if known.
7. Monaro Musings Delivery Method – If you wish to receive your copy of Monaro Musings by post please advise ‘Paper by Mail’, if you would prefer to help save the environment by saving paper then please advise ‘Electronically by Website’ to receive a link to your copy of the Monaro Musings in your email each month. Please note the rebate outlined above.
8. Concession Card Type – If you are entitled to a Single Concession or Family Concession membership please tell us what type of concession card you are relying on. Only Centrelink Concessions, Government Seniors cards, or Student cards will be accepted.
9. Concession Card No. – Please provide the number of your valid concession card (if applicable).
Membership Application Checklist
You may wish to copy and paste this checklist into your email:
1. Members’ Name(s):
2. Address including Postcode:
3. Preferred and other phone number(s):
4. Email address(es):
5. Type of membership:
6. Renewing (Yes/No):
7. Monaro Musings Delivery (Paper by mail/ Electronic)
8. Concession Card type:
9. Concession Card No:
Receipts are not issued for Direct Bank Transfers, unless specifically requested.
New Membership / Renewal Membership
Memberships taken out between 1 January and 31 March are charged at half the normal rate for the current membership year, and cover the period from date of joining until the end of that membership year on 30 June following.
Memberships taken out between 1 April and 30 June are charged at the rate for the next membership year, but cover the period from date of joining until 30 June of the year following – this means a bonus period of up to 3 months is available at no cost.
The Conditions of Membership shown on the Membership Form also apply to electronic applications.