Membership can be taken out or renewed by one of three methods.
Online Application and payment via Square:
Step 1: FILL OUT OUR ONLINE MEMBERSHIP FORM (see Members – Membership Application or Renewal Form tab above)
Step 2: Submit form
Step 3: Make payment via Square using the one of the following links:
Single – $20
Single Concession – $14
Family – $34
Family Concession – $20
Remote – $14 (applicable only if you do not live in the ACT or in postcode areas 2582, 2620 or 2621).
In Person by cheque or cash at Beyond Bank, The Merry Muse or at dances and dance classes.
a) Download Membership Form b) Complete c) Print d) Present in person
Mail with cheque
a) Download Membership Form b) Complete c) Print d) Mail to: Monaro Folk Society PO Box 334
Mawson ACT 2607
Acceptance of a completed application by MFS with appropriate payment will entitle those persons nominated in the application to membership of MFS for the current membership year.
Benefits & Conditions of Membership
• For over three decades MFS has provided residents and visitors in Canberra and the Monaro region with both entertainment and opportunities for direct involvement in a wide range of folk music, spoken word and dance activities.
• Members receive a monthly newsletter, Monaro Musings, which provides:
o Information on upcoming events in the region & throughout Australia.
o Details of regular concerts, dances, sessions, workshops & radio programs.
o Informative articles on cultural history, music & book reviews, etc.
o Opportunities to advertise and discover through “classifieds” of all sorts which relate to the Folk Arts
• Members are entitled to a preferential rate of admission to most MFS activities, including the Society’s performance venue The Merry Muse, and an extensive range of dance events.
• MFS activities include regular, free, informal music and singing sessions.
• Members have access to the MFS PA system at very affordable rates.
The membership year of the Monaro Folk Society Inc [MFS] is from 1 July to 30 June. Acceptance of a completed application by MFS with appropriate payment will entitle those persons nominated in the application to membership of MFS for the current membership year.
There are special arrangements where membership is taken up in the second half of a membership year:
1.If membership commences between 1 January and 31 March, the normal rates for the current membership year will be halved and will provide membership only for the remainder of that membership year, ie. until 30 June of that year.
2. If membership commences between 1 April and 30 June, the rate for the following year will be charged and membership will be deemed to include the remainder of the current membership year PLUS the whole of the following membership year, ie. from date of joining until 30 June of the following year.
Your Privacy – Our Policy
Personal details provided by persons applying for membership of MFS will be used only for the purposes of the society and its administrative responsibilities. No details will be passed to any other person, organisation or authority.